Dana got through her undergraduate work at UC Santa Barbara and came out with two degrees (Communication Studies and Sociology) and–amazingly–still did not know what to do with the rest of her life!
Her desire for an impactful and adventurous life lead her to several mentors in leadership coaching and subsequently to form a coaching and training business partnership that lasted many years. Eventually deciding to be her own boss, Dana worked independently with high level business people to leverage their strengths and improve communication patterns in their personal and professional lives.
She completed graduate work in Leadership and Entrepreneurship from Sage University. But in her endless search for knowledge and to be of service she recently entered and completed graduate school and received a Master of Science degree in Human and Family Development with an emphasis in Program Evaluation from Texas State University.
The additional tools and knowledge base learned in these studies combined with acquired experience and training now allow for a more comprehensive approach to people, organizations and the development and analysis of both. Her work as a research assistant in family financial coaching and her work in evaluating the social and emotional development of primary age children enriched her skillset and perspective. Dana learned the importance of research-based practice and evaluation since there is no human progress or development without measurement.
Dana has delivered seminars and talks all over the world, written, presented, published and practiced while in pursuit of her personal best. She lives in Central Texas with her teenage twin sons, and her international client base tunes in from many corners of the globe.
EDUCATION AND CREDENTIALS
- TX State University: San Marcos, April, 2018 M.S. in Family and Child Development: Program Evaluation & Administration
- University of California Santa Barbara: Santa Barbara, CA, May, 1992 B.A. in Communication Studies & B.A. in Sociology
- Sage University: 2000 – 2008, Coaching, Leadership and Entrepreneurship
HONORS, AWARDS, SCHOLARSHIPS
- Graduate Research Fellowship TX State: Fall, 2017 – Spring, 2018
- Philanthropic Education Organization Scholarship: Spring, 2018
- GPA 4.0
COMMUNITY SERVICE EXPERIENCE
- Healthy Lifestyle Chair, Casey Elementary PTA; 2012 – 2013, 2013 – 2014, 2014 – 2015
- National PTA Grant recipient, Healthy Lifestyle; 2013 – 2014, 2014 – 2015
- Parent Ambassador Bertha Casey Elementary School; 2014 – 2015
Partial list of organizations who have hired Dana for speaking/training:
Women’s Leadership Conference (sponsored by the American Business Women’s Association-ABWA)
G.W.E.N.-Global Women Entrepreneur Conference (Ibiza,Spain: Nov., 2013)
MapCon-Money and Power Conference (sponsored by Women’s Chamber of Commerce WCC)
African-American Chamber of Commerce (AACC)
Women’s Business Center of California (WBCC)
Women of Vision, International (WOVI)
Lake Austin Spa and Resort
West Lake Rotary Club
KAZL Radio Station
Brown, Graham & Co.